Dr. Asni Johari, Species diversity of thrips (thysanoptera) predator on chili plantation (capsicum annuum l.) in the highlands Jambi Province, Indonesia, ASIO Journal of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics & Applied Sciences (ASIO-JCPMAS), 2016, 1(1): 20-24.
ARTICLE TYPE: Research
dids/doi No.: 02.2016-14482937
dids link: http://dids.info/didslink/03.2016-23343326/
Species of thrips predators are very important in controlling the pest population in the field. In the highlands of Jambi Province are the unreported species of natural enemy thrips. Information species of predator thrips are very important in biological control precisely. This research was conducted to explore, analyze the diversity species of thrips predator in the chili plantation highland province of Jambi. The survey found that 18 species of thrips predator in highlands province of Jambi was grouped into eight families. These species are Ammoplanussp, Cheilomenessexmaculata, Chilocorusmelanophthalmus, Chilocorusruber, Chrysopodasp, Coccinellarepanda, Coelophora 9 maculata, Coelophorainaequalis, Coelophorareninplagiata, Metepeirasp, Misumenasp, Neosconasp, Oxyopessp 1, Oxyopessp 2, Oxyopessp 3, Termatophylideasp, Theridion sp1, and Theridion sp 2. Sphecidae and Coccinellidaeis mostly found in the survey area. Species diversity of thrips predator in the high lands was relatively low category. The highest populations that founded in highlands were the members of specidae and coccinellidae family. Ammoplanus sp. is a family member of Sphecidaeare and Cheilomenessexmaculata in a group members of Coccinellidae & both were found most abundantly in summer (February to June) and winter (July to November) season.
Key words: Species diversity, thrips predator, Capsicum annuum L.
- Funderburk J. 2002. Ecology of Thrips. Proceding of the 7th International Simposium on Thysanoptera 121.
- Lewis T. 1997. Thrips as Crop Pests. CAB International. International University Press. P.15-65.
- Ludwig JA, Reynolds F. 1988. Statistical ecology. New York: Jhon Wiley & Sons.
- Sabelis MW, Paul CJ Van Rijn. 1997. Predation by Insects and Mites. In. T. Lewis. Thrips as Crops Pest. P. 259-284. CAB International University Press. Cambridge.
- Tobing MC. 1996. Biology and Development of ThripspalmiKarny (Thysanoptera: thripidae) Population on Potato. Dissertation, Graduate School of IPB, Bogor.
- Herlinda S, Irsan C. 2011. Biological control of plant pest. Sriwijaya University.
- Speight MR, Hunter MD, Watt AD. 1999. Ecology of insects-concepts and applications. London: Blackwell Science Ltd.
- Kranz S., Schmutterer, H., & Koch, W. 1977. Diseases, Pests and Weeds in Tropical Crops, John Wiley and Sons, New York and Toronto. P.666.
- Plowright RC, Thomson JD, Lefkovitch LP, Plowright CMS. 1993. An experimental study of the effect of colony resource level manipulation on foraging for pollen by worker bumble bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Canadian Journal of Zoology. 71(7):1393-1396.