Essential oils are extracted from plant organs like flowers, leaves, stems, roots, seeds, bark, and resin or fruit rinds containing concentrated liquid of complex mixtures of volatile compounds. The amount of essential oils found in these parts of plant ranges from 0.01 percent to 10 percent of the total. Essential oils are widely used to treat human diseases and contains bioactive compound which possess antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidants and anti-diabetic properties.
1. Abdollahi M, Ranjbar A, Shadnia S, Nikfar S, Rezaie A. 2004. Pesticides and oxidative stress: a review. Med Sci Monit 10: RA 141–147.
2. Edris AE. Pharmaceutical and therapeutic potentials of essential oils and their individual volatile constituents: a review, 2007; 21(4):308-23.
3. Damian P, Damian K. Aromatherapy scent and psyche: using essential oils for physical and emotional well-being. Rochester: Healing Arts Press; 1995.
4. Ways Essential Oils Can Seriously Harm Youby Maria Mora. ("http://www.sheknows.com/authors/maria-mora/articles"Mora. http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/1048809/ways-essential-oils-can-harm-you)
5. Benefits of Applying Oils to the Belly Button by CureJoy Editorial. ("https://india.curejoy.com/expert/curejoyeditorial594"Editorial. https://india.curejoy.com/content/benefits-of-applying-oils-to-the-belly-button/)
6. Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – DrAxe (https://draxe.com/essential-oil-uses-benefits/)
7. Toxic Effects of Essential Oils- the Research Pedia (www.theresearchpedia.com/health/aromatherapy/toxic-effects-of-essential-oils)
8. “Extraction of Essential oil” from webpage of AWorldofAromatherapy.com/essential oils.
9. Methods of Extraction Essential Oil” from the webpage of http://www.aromathyme.com/essentialoils.html
10. https://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/explore-healing practices/aromatherapy/how-do-i-choose-and-use-essential-oils.
15. Abdelhady MI,Aly HAH.2012. Antioxidant antimicrobial activities of Callistemon comboynensis essential oil. Free Radic Antioxidants 2:37 41.
16. Appendini P, Hotchkiss JH. 2002. Review of antimicrobial food packaging. Innov Food SciEmerg Technol 3:113–26.
17. Araus K, Uquiche E, del Valle JM. 2009. Matrix effects in supercritical CO2 extraction ofessential oils from plant material. J Food Eng 92:438–47.
18. Caredda A, Marongiu B, Porcedda S, Soro C (2002) Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction and characterization of Laurus nobilis essential oil. J Agric Food Chem 50:1492–1496.